GK General Knowledge Test
The FTCE GK is a test of basic skills and consists of four subtests:
Click HERE for a complete Guide provided by the Florida Department of Education.
- Essay (1 essay / 50 minutes)
- English Language Skills (40 questions / 40 minutes)
- Reading (40 questions / 55 minutes)
- Mathematics (45 questions / 100 minutes)
Prepare for First-Attempt Success
Click on Resources & Guides to learn about a first-attempt success plan.
Sessions are generally one hour and are designed with an agenda that includes:
- information about FL DOE Certification (Licensure),
- an overview of the three (3) components of the FTCE, and
- an introduction to Test-Taking Strategies, specific to each exam.
UCF faculty and teacher candidates comprise most of the participating audience however, faculty, staff,
teachers and teacher candidates from all school districts and other teacher education institutions are welcome.
- Visitor Parking information for the Main/Orlando campus.
- Special accommodations for hearing- or sight-impaired are not available at this time.
Contact us via email for more information. Pryia.Persaud@ucf.edu
For the Visitor Parking, please allow it to direct students to parking.ucf.edu.